I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Super Crab

That’s what I’ve been lately… just plain crabby. Roger would probably prefer to use the term bitchy and the kids would call me crazy but I’ve been crabby.

On Monday (which was supposed to be a fabulous special day off of work mind you), I finally got little Nico (who so happens to be going through a cranky, whiney, super demanding phase himself) down for a nap. I was ready to give Nico a nap about 10 minutes after he woke up but I refrained (barely) until the afternoon in hopes of prolonging his hours of peaceful sleep and thus extending my quiet time where I could wallow in my mood.

I nestled into bed hoping that a little snooze would give me a desperately needed attitude adjustment. Instead of resting though, my blood pressure only began to rise with each passing moment that I stayed in bed. I could hear Riley and Hope screaming downstairs and 1) it’s impossible to sleep through that and 2) I was panicked that they would wake up Super Crab (little Super Crab that is, big Super Crab was already awake stewing).

So, I stomped down the stairs and threatened Riley and Hope with their lives (I’m pretty sure a few choice words slipped out in the threats). As I marched back up the stairs still in search of that attitude adjustment I heard Hope exclaim (in total valley girl style): “Oh My God! What in the world do you think has gotten into her? She is like… CRAZY!” To which I responded by peering over the railing with my fiercest expression and roared like a crazy lion. She ran off screaming with terror in her eyes. Ok, I realize that was a little crazy but I am crabby!

And when Roger tried to take a nap with me I fiercely bit his head off threatening him with all sorts of crazy bullying. I just oh so desperately needed that darn nap…

Unfortunately, the nap did nothing for my attitude adjustment and Super Crab continued to haunt me until today. I screamed at Hope tonight for something fairly ridiculous (although at the time I thought it was a perfectly rational reaction). As Riley sat staring at me like I was a crazed beast and Hope sobbed from her long winded lecture reality hit me and I knew I had to make a choice – a choice to be happy. My bad attitude was affecting my family and that is simply where I have to draw the line. Just know my dearly beloveds - even when I am crabby I love you all more than anything in this world.

I can only allow Super Crab to surface every so often and after a couple days wallowing in my pity party I simply have to move on. Move on to where the grass is greener and the smiles and good times flow more naturally. Move on to the side of blissfulness. I have made the conscious decision to suppress Super Crab way far down inside of me. I will just have to adjust that bad attitude myself. No more Super Crab…

At least for now…

I hope you all don’t read this post for a few days just in case Super Crab isn’t quite ready to be contained behind my happiness just yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment