I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Best Surprises Come in a Little Blue Box

How did you spend your Valentine's Day?

I woke up to the usual chaos of Saturday mornings at the Gronke household. Riley was off to basketball by 8:15 a.m. Seriously, who can play (much less watch) basketball that EARLY on a Saturday?? Then I was off to drop off Hope at dance and dash to Fred Meyer (well, as quickly as you can dash anywhere with a 19 month old) to pick up a couple of Valentine balloons to complete the party. And then, another basketball game! After all that I spent the afternoon in cleaning frenzy. Yes, I do have a housekeeper but... I just don't understand how my house can get SO messy after only a few days. Unfortunately my housekeeper cannot come every day. And, just as much as I hate cleaning I love a clean and organized house, and so the chore naturally falls upon my shoulders - as the rest of the Gronke clan's idea of a clean organized house does not even come close to my definition of clean!

Finally, with a clean house and happy, fed children our beloved Carrie arrived to celebrate Valentine's Day with the children and allow the adult festivities to begin. And so we were off to have dinner and drinks, uninterrupted conversation, and even sneak in a movie!! Thank God for Carrie!!!

And just when I thought the evening couldn't get any better Roger completely surprised me a little blue box… from Tiffany’s!!! Inside was a beautiful ring that I fell in love with on our last shopping trip. I love the gorgious ring! I love this Valentine’s Day! And, I LOVE my charming husband! I will remember how special Roger made me feel forever!

I love so many things about Roger but I have to say that his appreciation and love for me is among my very favorite qualities – especially when he expresses his love with a little blue box.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rogey scored some major points didn't he!!!! Good boy! As for organization, we hold the record don't we! And you've got to talk to Riley about these early saturday games. When he can drive, he can drive himself!!! Bet you can't wait for that day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me? Good job, Roger. And good job Susan for taking him to Tiffany's! Pictures, we need pictures!

    ReplyDelete