I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Change of Plans

After my near mental breakdown this morning as I made the overwhelming preparations to leave the family for a few days I finally settled into my seat at the airport bar with nothing but full fledged anticipation of Baby Sukigara’s arrival on my mind. I ordered a drink and settled in to call Heather confirming my on time arrival.

My relaxation was short lived when Doug answered the phone. They were already at the hospital. Heather awoke with flu like symptoms – very sick, so they made their way into the hospital in the early hours of the morning. Heather is very sick and dehydrated. The baby could come any time now. I am worried sick about Heather. How awful to be in labor with vomiting and diarrhea. I am selfishly worried that I won’t make it there in time to witness Baby Suki make his/her entrance. I am concerned for the baby - is it harmful for the Baby if Heather is sick? I am suddenly anxious about flying.

I rush to my gate to embark on whatever the day has in store… alas, I am in FIRST CLASS… I believe all will be ok! This means free drinks, free hot lunch, warm cookies and an overall super fun, super cool experience! Oh what a difference first class can make! Baby Sukigara, please, please wait for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment