I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

It's a... GIRL!!

Five years ago I spent a quiet evening sitting out on my deck, sipping a coveted glass of red wine, pleasantly calm knowing that I was so close to being relieved of my waiting… and waiting… and waiting…

You could almost say it was the calm before the storm. The calm before Baby Girl joined our family and brought with her a whirlwind of joy, a sea of musical talents, a flock of fashionable dresses and beautiful bows, a rainfall of all things completely girly all donned in pink and purple, the confidence that humbles us all, and an attitude that makes you wonder where she came from.

But she is ours and we couldn’t be happier. Our Baby Girl – our pleasant surprise. The baby we all were convinced was a boy – our girl who came into this world swearing off pants and adorably donning gorgeous dresses, frilly accessories and beautiful silky blonde hair – our girl… our Hope!

And our Baby Girl just turned 5! Five years ago I was awaiting her much anticipated LATE arrival. This year one the eve of Hope’s birthday I sat on my deck, sipping a glass of red wine, relishing in the all the joys Baby Girl has brought us, wondering where the time has gone, reminiscing about Hope’s life and thanking God for our special girl.

I can’t believe this baby…

May 27, 2005

May 27, 2006

May 27, 2007

May 27, 2008

Has grown up into this BIG girl!

May 27, 2009

2 comments:

  1. hurricane hope blew into our lives one day in May 2004 forever smothering us in songs, colors of pink, and whirling dervishes of girlie-ness. it was exactly what we needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want another rap video by Hope! oooooh or a ballet recital! Last time I saw the princess she told me she didn't like me and I am still sad. :(

    ReplyDelete