I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Hotel Days with My Honey

Sometimes Roger and I will meet for a spontaneous lunch date during the week. We enjoy the reprieve from political nuances and difficult coworkers - our tension fades as we lose sight of our work day woes and find delight in our time alone. Every once in a while we are so enthralled in this bliss that we find ourselves ditching our afternoon of work and opting to spend some quiet time together in the comforts of a luxurious hotel. As the idyllic afternoon turns to evening we find ourselves missing our children so we pick them up from school and, to their utter delight, announce that we’re going to a hotel where we can spend the entire evening swimming in the pool and watching cable TV. A quick trip home to feed the dog and pick up swim suits and we are off on a mini vacation that started out with just us – an uninhibited young couple – to a family of 5 relishing in the simple delights of life.

We celebrated Roger’s 38th birthday with a slight twist on our hotel days. With our beloved friend and babysitter primed for a sleepover we stayed in a luxury hotel downtown – without the children. We shopped, enjoyed drinks and appetizers, dined at one of our favorite restaurants, and tapped off the evening in the hotel lounge discussing our life, sharing our dreams, and loving our life together… ultimately concluding our vacation with the champagne brunch at the Benson Hotel.

Does life get any better than this? These are moments I want to remember forever… the moments where we take time out of our busy lives to enjoy each other and focus on our relationship… the moments where I remember why I married this wonderful man… the moments where I fall madly in love all over again… the blissful moments that can so easily get lost in the mundane reality of life’s responsibilities… the moments that could so easily be lost after 16 years together. These are just a few of the special moments that remind me of our commitment to each other and I am intensely fascinated by Roger’s willingness to invest in us. These moments are part of our reality and I am deeply, passionately in love with my husband.

I love you Roger – Happy 38th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment