I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Friday, January 30, 2009

Internal and External Plumbing

Last night I had food poisoning. Or a bug. Either way it was torture and it came out both ends... for 6 hours!

These bouts never come at a good time for me. Ok, really, no time is a good time for this type of bodily expulsion but for me these episodes always seem to pair with a bit of drama. You remember the last time this happened to me – I was on an airplane! And I was all alone on that airplane with a six week old baby and a three year old with the overwhelming feeling that I was dying.

Well, last night as I was reeling from this bug we had a water pipe break under the house. This of course meant that the water had to be shut off. I’ve never been so desperate for a flushing toilet or a working washing machine in my life.

I’ll spare you all the gory details but needless to say the water is back on tonight… leak and all. Because when my internal plumbing is broken, external plumbing is an absolute necessity.

No comments:

Post a Comment