I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Always Use Dryer Sheets...

The other day I went to visit my beloved hairdresser, Cari, in attempt to hide those pesky gray hairs that spring up out of nowhere (just take one look at my father and you’ll know where I get my gray hair from). It was the end of a very long day at work… lots of meetings, some subtle influencing, a bit of venting, not at all productive, but I did make my way all around campus mingling with many different people.

Needless to say, my trip to the salon was the first bit of relaxation I have had all week and I enjoyed the head massage, great conversation, a hot cup of coffee, and time to forget about all my troubles at work. And even I have to admit that I looked good after a healthy dose of color was applied and my frizz was tamed with a straightening iron.

As I was about to leave, Cari picked up a crinkled black clothing item from the chair that I had been relaxing in for the last two hours. She unfolded the clothing item to reveal a sock… a sock that presumably had been stuck to the back of my shirt ALL DAY LONG!! This sock HAD to be stuck on the OUTSIDE of my shirt ALL DAY LONG because my shirt was tucked in…

Hmmm… suddenly, the horror of my trek all around campus, talking and meeting with so many people made me realize that they must have all seen this sock stuck on my back.

Apparently, no one at work is my friend… no one mentioned it all day.

But I’m sure they had a good laugh about it.

To hide my utter embarrassment I laughed with Cari until I cried. But really, I was horrified. I am still horrified. Who walks around with a sock stuck to their shirt all day?? I guess I do! I mean, I am the girl who went to school with her dress inside out as a child. And, I still find myself periodically buttoned up wrong, or my fly is open… or my shirt is on backwards… but this sock is surely a new low for me…

To make it all the worse I had to go tell everyone at work and yes, most people mentioned that they saw the odd attachment on my back but they weren’t sure how to approach the subject because they just weren’t sure what it was.

I guess I should be glad it wasn’t a pair of thong underwear!

But I bet that’s what everyone thinks it was…

No comments:

Post a Comment