I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I can’t wait for…

…Saturday night; Riley will head off to his first high school dance with a group of about 10 close friends – homecoming! We picked out great clothes – black slacks, a black button down shirt with a thin, faint white stripe, a black reversible belt and Colehaan loafers. This kid looks sharp!! I WILL have pictures… the agreement stated that I would purchase the clothing and provide the funds for a pre-dinner at PF Changs in return for a few (no less than 20) pictures. Stay tuned for more on this monumental event.

…Baby Finleigh to visit the Gronke’s. Please, please, please bring my sweet, adorable niece into our humble abode so we can cuddle and coddle your babe – and satisfy our newborn envy so we don’t have to go having another one of our own. We want to marvel at the miracle of a newborn and we need to be reminded of their constant demands for attention and all the work a baby requires. We’re all here… just waiting… with many open arms to cradle your babe and give you a few coveted moments of peace. Won’t you make it happen?

…Riley’s birthday; when the majority of the Yarbrough clan will convene to toast a teenager and catch up on lost time. We will eat, we will drink and we will be one big happy family. (I do that every day but it’s much more fun with company).

So much to look forward to…

1 comment:

  1. I be there. You can hold my oscar the grouch. :) I will sleep!

    ReplyDelete