I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Monday, October 26, 2009

Hope’s Nutcracker Debut

Our determined Hope has landed herself a sweet little part in the Nutcracker play to be put on by high school students at Riley’s high school this December. Hope is exceptionally excited to be in a clown in this production. I got a sneak preview today… I was invited in to the classroom and told I had to see this.

The children selected to be clowns all danced around performing their parts to perfection. I was mildly surprised but extremely delighted to see how well these young children had already mastered the show.

But there was more… the part I had to see.

While all the other clowns danced off the stage I watched in awe as Hope flawlessly performed her own little solo. Hope is tugging on Clara while being scolded (you all know the part). Hope releases her grip on Clara, taunts her a bit then impeccably completes four cartwheels across the stage as she makes her exit.

Seriously adorable!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment