I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Destruct and Destroy

While most people covet peace and quiet I instinctively get very nervous. Two minutes of quiet in my house inevitably signals trouble… as my littlest babe is all about destruction.

Don’t let his adorable little smile fool you!

He has emptied more diaper cream tubes (all over my carpet) than I can count.

He has annihilated every compact of makeup that I foolishly continue purchasing.

I have found numerous valuables floating in our toilet (including toothbrushes and cologne).

He can slither out of the tightest car seat buckle (each and every trip we take).

And all that he can accomplish in the first ten minutes of his day.

He’s only two and he’s already attempted to steal the car…
He loves anything of Hope's...

I had to invest in my first baby gate when Nico started moving. I broke down and bought baby proof door latches to keep my child in my house and out of closets and rooms that offered too much opportunity for destruction.

So, it should have come to no surprise when I awoke to find this pile of destruction…
Yes, he tore all those clothes out of his drawers.

Yes, he removed the dresser drawers from their rightful place.

Yes, he was sleeping in the dresser drawer – smack dab in the middle of his mess.

Nico is fascinated with all that is off limits. He is proud of his destruction and he is relentless in his pursuit to destroy.

And I am exhausted…


1 comment: