I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday

Happy 1st B'Day Chase!

It seems like just yesterday that we were praying for a safe, quick delivery for Janet's second baby... anxiously awaiting on the news of his birth. And last Friday little Chase turned 1!

The entire Yarbrough clan (minus Daryl who is a world away in China) celebrated Chase's special day on Saturday in true VanWormer style - gifts for all the children, excellent comfort food, traditional carrot cake, 3 youngsters obsessed with the red car, and a good old fashioned family reunion where we all recapped the last few months of our lives, all in honor of a baby's 1st B'day.

One new addition to this VanWormer party - some boxed red wine... Not Bad - but it brought back memories of my Red Rose days :)

Little Chase is most definitely one of the cutest, happiest babies I know and I simply cannot believe how quickly his first year of life has flown by. My favorite thing about Chase: his exceptional ability to smile at everything. Chase, I hope you continue to find that same pure joy in everything you do and keep smiling your way through life.

Happy Birthday little Chase from your Auntie Susan who simply doesn't get to see you nearly enough but loves you dearly and thinks of you all the time.

I didn't get a single picture of me with the b'day boy :( but here he is - all grown up at 1 year old with his customary smile.

The coveted red car...


3 comments:

  1. Sue ask Janet if you can post the naked butt picture I got of baby Chasers! So great to have been with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!!! that would be awesome, plus the one of kevin with the plumbers crack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Chase's smile made the blog, and the box of wine. :)

    ReplyDelete