I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Way Too Long

As I reminisced about our dear dog Rocco in last night's post I went back to edit before publishing and realized it was a bit long. But this post encompassed details around Rocco’s arrival and subsequent (albeit temporary) departure from the Gronke household. These are all tid bits of important information that I want to remember – and more importantly I want Riley to remember.

And so, after way too much editing and a final glass of wine I got the nerve up to click the publish button.

Meeting my expectations, Roger and Riley got about 1/8 of the way through the post, scrolled through the pages to see how much longer I was going to ramble on about Rocco (“seriously, you wrote all this about Rocco?”) and quickly moved on to other, more captivating interests on the internet.

So? I lost some audience members on that post... But this is my blog and no one is obligated to read it – however, I happen to know you all will be curious so you’ll come back for more. And so, from now on I will subtly submerge all the juicy gossip (specifically as it pertains to Roger and Riley) in the last few sections of every post – just to make sure you make it through each and every post (even those really long ones that have way too many details). Not that each post will contain juicy gossip but you won't know if it does if you don't read the entire post.

See? Right there you have it – they won’t know this pertinent information unless they get through this post without more intriguing internet options distracting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment