I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Did You Eat Me?

One recent outing to Barb's combined with an absurdly preposterous photo had my littlest babe believing I partook in infanticide. I was simply showing Hope some earlier photos of her ridiculously crazy hair when she was just a toddler. Nico was not interested in taking a trip down memory lane if he was not involved and so inquired why he wasn't in these photos. I assured him he was with us - just still in my belly. A similar photo (that I am so proud to share with the world) was produced to satisfy his desire to be included.


His very serious and concerned response to viewing this picture:


"Did you eat me?"


Well... it kind of does look like I ate him! But note: I did not eat that tub of ice cream next to the regulation size basketball under my shirt. As appalling as this photo might be to you all I am proud to say that this was taken approximately 7 weeks before I actually gave birth to Nico.


But now that you've digested my pregnant nature in this picture (no pun intended!) back to the point of this story... after I wiped the tears away from laughing and finally had the breath to tell curious bystanders what was so funny I promised Nico that I did not eat him for lunch that day. I told him he was much too cute to eat! Thankfully no subsequent questions ensued about he got in my belly to begin with.


1 comment:

  1. dude i always forget how interestingly you carry your babies. literally straight out in front of you! oh nicksty bubbers, i love that inquiring little mind!

    ReplyDelete