I have a lot to marvel at... over a few glasses of wine... in the midst of the midnight hour...

Monday, July 6, 2009

Riley's Big Sister Saves the Day

8:15 a.m. Monday morning at the football field

Me: "Did you remember your keys?"

Riley: "Yes!" (rather annoyed that I'm asking such a ridiculous question)


Noon - My phone rings and I see it's Riley

Riley: "Um, Mom? I forgot my keys."

Me: (Contemplating a lecture but deciding to take another route) "What are you going to do?"

Riley: (Very sweetly...) "I really, really want to go to my house Mommy..."

Me: (He had me at "Mommy") "Ok, I'll be home in a half hour."

Riley: "Can you stay and have lunch with me?"

Me: "Of course."

I whip up a smoothy for the boys. Riley promises he didn't sweat today and isn't stinky - he grabs me in a big bear hug and thanks me for saving the day.

It was all worth the forgotten keys.


1 comment:

  1. Dude he is getting so big I hardly recognize him! He has you whipped. :) I would be too.

    ReplyDelete